People argue that just a few places are dangerous, but I believe that nothing is dangerous until you put yourself in the wrong location at the wrong moment. But I understand why people are reluctant to travel; nonetheless, it is challenging to locate a place where you can be sure of your safety in today’s world. Here we have come up with Is Gaya A Safe Place?
What Should You Do To Avoid Mishaps While Traveling To Gaya?
To avoid any mishaps while traveling to Gaya, we may need to make a few changes in our everyday lives while in another nation.
- You should purchase travel insurance to cover theft, loss, and medical expenses.
- Women traveling alone in isolated areas should avoid strolling at unusual hours. There should be a set time when you must return to your hotel room. As a result, Bodh Gaya and other small towns lack nightlife. If you wish to eat dinner late at night, you should finish your meal, go to your room, or get your food packed. After dusk, avoid going out.
- Be aware of regional cultural and social sensitivities.
- Don’t eat anything served by fellow travelers on rail or road trips; there is no single guideline for this; the best method is to watch and follow. It could contain sleeping medications. When traveling by train, always travel in a reserved class.
- Use professional tour guides for touring.
- Don’t accept invitations to visit anyone’s home unless you are confident in the person.
- In a hotel, don’t tip excessively and unnecessarily. The word quickly spreads around the hotel, and by the time you check out, a bunch of people will be saluting you and telling you to expect something.
- Don’t appear perplexed while traveling. Maintain the posture of someone well-known in the area.
- Even in high-end hotels, avoid buffet meals.
- Don’t talk to people needlessly since people will take things the wrong way if you don’t. They can misinterpret your friendly demeanor.
- Wearing obscene clothing is prohibited. Wear full-length slacks (no low-rise jeans) and a sleeveless t-shirt.
What Should You Take Into Consideration When You Go To Gaya?
- During the day, arrive at Gaya railway station. Avoid coming late in the evening or at night at all costs. If you don’t have a choice, request that your hotel send a car to pick you up.
- You should check with your hotel staff to see if their transportation is the same as what they sent you.
- Take a taxi from your hotel to Bodh Gaya. Gaya town is roughly 15-20 kilometers away.
- If you are willing to stay in a hotel in Gaya, make sure, it is a reputable hotel rather than a budget hotel. Another reason is that regular power outages are expected, and a superior hotel would have a generator to help with these outages.
- It would help if you tried not to go out after dusk. In Gaya, there is nothing like it when it comes to nightlife. The roads were dimly lit and narrow at the time of my visit.
- If at all possible, avoid skipping Gaya. Nearby is a lovely Hindu temple there, and many people travel from far and wide to see it. Train delays are to be expected, so plan appropriately.
Is It Safe To Move Around Bodh Gaya In Mahabodhi Temple At Any Time?
It will be best for you to go during the day, and you should return to your hotel by 6 p.m. Because there is insufficient street lighting, it is pitch black by 6.30 p.m., and walking back to your hotel, depending on the location of the guest house or hotel where you are staying, is perilous. Accepting a free motorbike ride is never a good idea since you never know where that person would take you.
You will go to see the Great Buddha statue in the afternoon and couldn’t bear the heat, so you will take refuge among some trees because the sun will be too much for you. You were out of there in a matter of minutes. A tuk-tuk ride to town costs 20 rupees. There is a lot of tourism in the area. Everyone is attempting to sell you something.
They don’t take “No, thank you for an answer,” and they’re adamant about it. If you manage to get away from one peddler, another will come after you. If you want to take a ride, there is one horse and one camel available. Think again about what you want to buy and haggle for half the price. If you don’t want to develop Montezuma’s vengeance or Delhi Belly, avoid eating street cuisine.
Cover your face with a surgical mask or a face mask. Due to the dust, you will have a lung infection and get admitted to the hospital for five days. The ideal spot to meditate is in Bodhgaya, under the Bodhi tree.
Is Gaya Safe For Girls?
Yes, Gaya is safe, completely safe for girls. However, be aware of small-scale cheating and other forms of tourism fraud, which can occur anywhere in the world. If you find that the prices for any services are higher than you expected, you might try negotiating. Everything else would be good.
Conclusion – Is Gaya A Safe Place?
It is safe and secure in some parts, such as access areas. Still, Gaya city, due to the intense crowding and increased population, may encounter numerous problems, such as traffic jams, narrow streets, etc.
However, several magnificent and essential locations, such as the route to Bodh Gaya, leading to the Gautam Buddha Mahabodhi temple and the road to Vishnupad Mandir, are accessible.
There is high traffic and crowding in several areas, such as the roadways of railway stations and the Magadh University campus regions. Overall, it is a safe location where you will undoubtedly enjoy your travels.
Hoping this article on Is Gaya A Safe Place would have been a knowlegable and fruitful article for you all. I hope you will take these all points into consideration while travelling to Gaya.
Also Read : Hotel In Gaya | Top 5